The mission of the library program at Busbee is to empower students and teachers to be critical thinkers, effective and ethical users of information and technology, and to inspire them to be life-long learners and readers.
Mrs. Jessica Shake - Media Specialist
Contact: [email protected]
Please always be sure to check back to the library rules and expectations if you have any questions. And always feel free to contact me! :)
7:45-3:45 Students may visit at any time with a pass from the teacher.
Keep up on current events, research an assignment, find out about something you are interested in or get homework help! Have a site to recommend, let Mrs. Shake or Mrs. Kelly know and we'll get it added.
SC Junior Book Award Challenge
Join us in a school wide reading challenge! Read this year's SCJBA books to earn fun prizes and rewards! This reading challenge will run from the beginning of this school year until May 17th. See the book trailers below to get an idea of where you may want to start your reading journey, or visit the Flipgrid book talk put together by SCASL members.
For original image and additional SCJBA information, visit: https://www.scasl.net/junior-book-award
Reading Competition Rules:
- For every two books you read from the SCJBA Nominee List, you can earn a different reward!
- Make sure to see Mrs. Shake or Mrs. Kelly to fill out the book report form
- Read 1 book to earn a piece of candy
- Read 2 books to earn a frozen treat
- Read 4 books to earn a snack of your choice
- Read 6 books to earn a collectible sticker and full size candy bar
- Read 8 books to earn a pop it keychain
- Read 10-14 books for doughnuts for breakfast in the library
- Read 15-20 books and join us for a pizza and dance party in the library!