WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- SC Gov. Henry McMaster has announced that all public schools will be closed through at least the end of April to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. Lexington Two schools is using remote lessons through the eLearning program.
The state of South Carolina has many confirmed cases and continues to investigate others. For the latest updates from DHEC, go to scdhec.gov/COVID19.
Other items to note:
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING IN SCHOOLS
Our custodial staffs are deep-cleaning and disinfecting of schools, district facilities and buses with EPA-approved products.
HEALTHY HABIT REMINDERS
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Check out these useful CDC tips about when and how to wash hands: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and throw it away after use.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
What you need to know about Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
Coronavirus and Children: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/children-faq.html
Talking with students of all ages about Coronavirus: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/coronavirus.html?ET_CID=20200304_SN_BreakingNews_Coronavirus_EC_RET_28199&ET_RID=1086051370
What to do if you are sick with Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
Related: Read letter sent to families Sunday, March 15, with information on eLearning and more by clicking here.
Related: Letter sent to families and posted Friday, March 13: